Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast, (Formerly Cabarrus Memorial Hospital, later NorthEast Medical Center and Carolinas Medical Center-Northeast) is a 457-bed, acute-care, teaching hospital located in Concord, North Carolina. Founded in 1937 during the Great Depression as Cabarrus County Hospital, the hospital has continued to expand. Today it serves most of Cabarrus County as a regional hospital. On December 16, 2006, Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast opened the new Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital in the Clinical Services building. In early 2007, The Pavilion was completed, featuring the newly expanded Batte Cancer Center (a partner with Levine Cancer Institute) and Sanger Heart & Vascular. Another feature on the CMC-NorthEast campus is the Cabarrus College of Health Sciences.HistoryCarolinas Medical Center- NorthEast first opened their doors in 1937 as Cabarrus County Hospital, founded by George A. Batte, Jr. and Charles A. Cannon. This hospital was renamed Cabarrus Memorial Hospital. In 1991, the hospital was reorganized as a non-profit organization. In 1997, it was renamed as NorthEast Medical Center. In 2002, the hospital received the title of "58th Magnet Hospital," an award for nursing excellence. In 2007, the hospital joined the Charlotte-based Carolinas Healthcare System, and was renamed Carolinas Medical Center- NorthEast.On April 3, 2012, it was announced that Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast purchased the naming rights to the former Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium in nearby Kannapolis (home of the Kannapolis Intimidators minor league baseball team). It adopted the name CMC-NorthEast Stadium for the upcoming season. Per club policy, terms were not disclosed.
Reviews, get directions and information